Attend any networking event armed with these 10 surefire skills for success
This online course is designed to give you a clear understanding of how to attend a networking event, meet new people and follow up effectively to build long-term successful referral relationships.
- You will understand what you need to do to pre-prepare for any networking event
- You will understand the difference between those who attend events to 'hunt' for the kill rather than 'farm' for success
- You will be able to start and end conversations in a room
- Finally, you will understand how to connect with others and add value to their business whilst growing yours.
Do you dread going to networking events, but feel somehow you 'need' to do this to grow your business?
In this course, you will:
- Identify all the tools you need to build success
- Discover how to build a long-term network of referrers
- Describe how you can help others
- Identify simple ways you can help others with no marketing budget
- Select key ways to connect with your ideal clients once identified.
- Discover the host mentality, even when it's your first time at an event
I run the largest professional networking business in Melbourne, Australia. I have worked with thousands of members to help them grow their business through networking. I know building long-term relationships can be very profitable and less time consuming than having to cold call and I'd like to share these simple ten steps for success with you so you can start to build your network.
- BA (Psychology)
- MBus (Marketing)
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Public Speaker
- Small Business Owner
- Enthusiast of life and heavily committed international traveller
In this online course, I will show you how you can start to build a network from scratch by attending networking events ad enjoy the process.
- Why network?
- 1. Have the tools to network with you at all times
- 2. Set a goal for the number of people you'll meet
- 3. Act like a host, not a guest
- 4. Listen and ask questions.
- 5. Farming not hunting
- 6. Give referrals whenever possible.
- 7. Exchange business cards.
- 8. Manage your time efficiently.
- 9. Write notes on the backs of business cards you collect.
- 10. Follow up!
- Where to now?